OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Gurhan accepts the responsibility to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, safe and healthy environments for employees and all others who may be affected by the company’s business activities.
All possible measures are taken to remove risks to the health, safety and welfare of employees, sub-contractors, authorised visitors and anyone else who may be affected by our operations. We seek the co-operation and suggestions from employees, customers and visitors to assist in realizing our health and safety objective to create a safe working environment with a zero accident rate.
To ensure that these objectives are met, Gurhan has adopted a Occupational Health & Safety Management System that complies with the International Standard OHSAS 18001:2007.
Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) matters are the responsibility of everyone within the organisation; however, specific duties and responsibilities are set out in the ‘Organisation for HSE’ document that accompanies this policy.
The HSE aims of Gurhan are to:
• Avoid accidents;
• Safe systems of work;
• A safe working environment;
• Minimise the risk of harm to people, property and environment;
• Work in partnership with clients, suppliers, enforcement agencies, and co-contractors to promote and provide high standards of workplace health, safety and environmental care;
• Formally monitor and review HSE performance as a basis for setting HSE targets and continuous improvement;
• Effectively manage any unforeseen events so as to limit any adverse affects.
• Ensure that all management decisions reflect our HSE intentions,
• Ensure all employees understand their HSE accountabilities and demonstrate visible HSE leadership,
• Ensure that our HSE management systems reflect best industry practice and are properly resourced. We will continually improve by ensuring that lessons are always learned,
• Provide direction, education, training and supervision to ensure that all employees understand the required behaviors and the consequences of non-compliance. Good HSE performance is essential for career advancement,
• Work with our partners to achieve internationally accepted good practice in HSE and learn continually from each other's experiences,
• Adopt a risk-based approach to the design, construction and operation of facilities across their full life cycle,
• Take account of stakeholder HSE concerns through involving and consulting with employees and their representatives, communities where we operate, government authorities, customers and shareholders,
• Continually improve our HSE performance so that work related ill health and incidents are reduced and so that environmental emissions, waste and the use of energy are reduced relative to activity,
• Comply with this Policy and drive HSE improvements by setting expectations and objectives and reviewing, monitoring and auditing performance,
• Publicly report on key HSE objectives and performance, fully co-operate with relevant government agencies and work with the industry to improve HSE practices.
To facilitate achievement of these aims, Gurhan has established organisational responsibilities and developed safe systems for work.
Documented details and specific safe procedures are contained in Gurhan’s H&S manual, held at each operational site; this manual is freely available to all employees and to non-employees with a specific interest. Access to the manual is via your immediate supervisor/manager, or for non-employees via Gurhan’s Project Manager.
Under any circumstances, GURHAN ensure that: